Iron & Steel Industry / nonferrous
Factories of the iron and steel industry, as well as of the non-ferrous metal industry, are energy-intensive production facilities. WÜRZ GMBH develops concepts for energy optimization of processes and implements them in cooperation with plant designers or the operating companies.
Examples of our work in these industries are:
- Air heater for the preheating of combustion air of RHF as well as for drying processes upstream RHF
- Use of waste heat of the aluminium industry (thermal oil / district heating / steam boiler)
- Blast heater for cupola furnaces in steel factories
- Waste gas handling system downstream copper melting shaft furnaces (Asarco)
- Heat recovery systems in emission reduction plants